Saint John, NB — The New Brunswick Museum (NBM) is excited to announce a series of province-wide public engagement sessions as part of its Revitalization Project. With a commitment to fostering community involvement and gathering valuable insights, these sessions aim to provide an opportunity for citizens across New Brunswick to voice their opinions and contribute to the future of the NBM.
“The New Brunswick Museum truly belongs to the people of this province,” said William Forrestall, Interim Chair of the Board of the New Brunswick Museum. “As we embark on this exciting journey of revitalizing our institution, it’s paramount for us to hear the perspectives and aspirations of New Brunswickers. These engagement sessions will serve as a platform for dialogue and collaboration, shaping the foundation of our new building project.”
The series of public engagement sessions will take place in various locations across the province, making it accessible for as many individuals as possible to participate and provide their valuable insights. Participants can expect to engage in interactive discussions, share their ideas, and learn more about the project’s preliminary design concepts and the overall vision for the revitalized museum.
- Saint John: Saturday, September 9, SJ Arts Centre 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Fredericton: Sunday, September 10, UNB Kent Auditorium – 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Edmundston: Monday, September 11, Four Points by Sheraton Hotel – 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Campbellton: Monday, September 11, Campbellton Civic Centre- 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Bathurst: Tuesday, September 12, Danny’s Hotel – 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Caraquet: Tuesday, September 12, Village Historique Acadien – 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Miramichi: Wednesday, September 13, Rodd Miramichi River, 12:00-2:00 p. m.
- Moncton: Wednesday, September 13, Resurgo Place, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Province-wide Zoom session: Friday, September 15
For additional information about the NBM Revitalization Project and to RSVP for the public engagement session in your area, please visit the official project page: www.RevitalizeNBM.ca
The New Brunswick Museum invites all residents to join the conversation and be a part of shaping the future of this iconic institution. Together, the community’s collective voice will contribute to the realization of a world-class cultural space that truly reflects the essence of New Brunswick.
About New Brunswick Museum
The New Brunswick Museum is the oldest continuing museum in Canada, dedicated to preserving and showcasing the rich history, art, and natural heritage of New Brunswick. With a commitment to education, research, and community engagement, the NBM serves as a hub for exploration, learning, and appreciation of New Brunswick’s vibrant past and present. To learn more, visit nbm-mnb.ca
For more information:
Duke Creative Collective