Using the Archives & Research Library
- Please register at the front desk when entering the Douglas Ave. building. The staff person on duty will help you identify your specific area of interest and refer you to the finding aids, databases, and card catalogues which describe our holdings.
- To view original records, a Request Form must be filled out and submitted to the Archives & Research Library staff member.
- Archival records should be handled with care.
- Notes should be taken only in pencil to avoid marking originals.
- You may be asked to wear cotton gloves when handling certain items.
- Eating, and drinking is prohibited.
- The Archives & Research Library reserves the right to limit the amount of material available to any researcher at one time. All files are checked upon return.
- Photocopies of materials can be provided (subject to the provisions of the Copyright Act). Photocopies of original material may be available at the discretion of the Archives & Research Library staff; oversize and fragile items may be withheld from photocopying for preservation purposes.
- A fee of 25 cents (plus HST) per copy is applied. A minimum fee of $15 will apply for all mail orders.