Communications and Marketing Summer Student Assistant
The New Brunswick Museum Communications and Marketing (C&M) Team is looking for a dynamic, creative and engaging individual to assist as C&M Summer Student Assistant for the period June 28 to September 3, 2021.
To bring further awareness and support for the New Brunswick Museum as the only institution in the province that brings together human history, fine art and natural history, the C&M Summer Student Assistant will be working alongside the C&M Team remotely from home with the anticipation of some work onsite during intervals once NBM is reopen to the public, assisting with strategic ongoing marketing and communications activities to help support marketing of exhibitions, public programming, events, activities, behind-the-scenes, outreach programmes and partnerships, on various print and digital platforms.
The candidate will identify opportunities for the promotion of museum activities, plan for communication, develop and implement promotions. The student will improve their communications, marketing, business and public relations skills. The student will assist in creating, delivering and analyzing visitor and Museum members survey(s) to assist in strategic communications and marketing initiatives.
- The student will identify opportunities for the promotion of the Museum activities, plan for communication, develop and implement promotions.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating Marketing and Communications strategy, and several communications and marketing initiatives on a monthly basis.
- The student will assist in creating, delivering and analyzing visitor and museum members survey(s) online to assist in strategic communications and marketing initiatives.
- Interview, and coordinate photographs from staff, visitors, and events online to develop social media content and testimonials.
- Assist in graphic designing of various marketing collaterals, promotional materials for several projects, and coordinating content with external graphic designing and creatives’ production firms.
- Research, recommend, and assist in implementing innovative communication and promotional strategies to target several demographic groups.
Candidates would ideally be a student enrolled in communications, marketing, tourism, public relations, or other related field, with interest in New Brunswick natural history, human history, and/or fine arts, and must be continuing their studies in the fall of 2021.
To learn further about eligibility for this job opportunity through the Young Canada Works program visit Young Canada Works - Canada.ca
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Both English and French language skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Committed, enthusiastic and efficient, working independently or in a group primarily online.
- Flexible, quick learner, professional, highly motivated and organized.
- Computer skills should include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and internet searches.
- Graphic design, photography, and working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat DC and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of WordPress.
Position based at New Brunswick Museum Exhibition Centre / Working remotely from home with the anticipation of some work onsite during intervals once NBM is reopen to the public.
11 week position – 36.25 hours per week
Job Start Date June 28, 2021
How to apply:
Application Deadline: June 23, 2021
Please submit your application to:
Caitlin Griffiths - firstname.lastname@example.org