Click here to skip to the content

Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick

Back

Black and white photograph of four storey stone building with mansard roof
photograph: Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick, c. 1878. Gift of Marguerite C. Morrisey, 1951 (1951.42.3). This building was constructed after the Great Fire of 1877. The building walls are constructed of sandstone from Westmorland County in eastern New Brunswick and a granite foundation from the Hampstead quarry. The mortar used to construct this building came from the Armstrong Lime Quarry at Green Head in north Saint John.