Click here to skip to the content

Old Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick

Back

Colour photograph of building with green roof, clock and cornice decoration
photograph: Old Post Office, Prince William Street, Saint John, New Brunswick, 2008. New Brunswick Museum. This building was constructed after the Great Fire of 1877. The building walls are constructed of sandstone from Westmorland County in eastern New Brunswick and a granite foundation from the Hampstead quarry. The mortar used to construct this building came from the Armstrong Lime Quarry at Green Head in north Saint John.