Click here to skip to the content

Cathedral of Immaculate Conception, Waterloo Street, Saint John, New Brunswick

Back

Colour photograph of stone church with round window over entry and steeple on left
photograph: Cathedral of Immaculate Conception, Waterloo Street, Saint John, New Brunswick, 2008. New Brunswick Museum. The Cathedral of Immaculate Conception was constructed between 1853 and 1885 employing more than two hundred stonecutters in its construction. This building was outside the area destroyed by the Great Fire of 1877. The marble of the church’s main body was from Lawlor Lake near Rothesay, and from the north of Saint John.